CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

It all started with...ANESTHESIA BOARD EXAM

OK so sorry I have not been in touch with any of you for the last few months.
I have been taking test after test after test to be licensed as a Dental Hygienist....
The first test was my ANESTHESIA BOARDS EXAM (below)

May I just brief you for a short moment on this hellish exam.
They (meaning the out of state examiners employed by the testing board for the Western States in Dentistry)
have everyone (my school and other schools) go into this room and take a 50 question written exam
on Anesthesia and mechanisms of action and so on (we studied for MONTHS).

Then, when you finish you go into a waiting room and after they grade the tests,
they hand you an envelope with your PASS or FAIL written on the paper.
If you don't pass, everyone knows because we are all sitting together.
I, and everyone else, was so nervous about this that we all had nervous diahrrea.
What a HUGE stress....
Well, by the grace of GOD, I PASSED, I was relieved. BUT, that wasn't the end of it...

Then, we go into the clinic waiting room and wait to be called for the clinical portion of the exam.
We all wait for our number to be called to go back and set up for the INJECTION portion of the exam.
We had to find a patient, I used my friend Taylor, to give two injections to.
The PSA and IA (a lower injection and upper injection)

I was shaking so bad that I was just praying I actually made it in her mouth for the injection.
I was called back and set up and then they come over to watch.....

PSA injection... PERFECT. Couldn't have been better.
Then the IA injection... This didn't go so well. I kept contacting bone, which you have to do,
but I kept contacting it prematuraly.
So I failed that injection. BUT, for the hefty price of $120, you can retake that injection on another person.
I ran out into the waiting room and said I needed a patient for the IA. My friend Nicki volunteered.
I paid the $120 and went in for a second try and PERFECT. That couldn't have been a better second try.

And that ended the most stressful day of my life, up until then.
Here below you will see us with our SUCCESS cards they hand to you when you PASS...

BEST PIECE OF PAPER EVER!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Lyndsey said...

you messed up on a fact... it was 55 questions and it was very %$^&#@ hard!!! Its about time you updated your blog!!!
Lyndsey